Phillips County News - One Nation, Under God

By Mark Hebert
Publisher 

Yesterday's Phillips County News Memories for June 27, 2016

 

PCN Archives

Ground broken for new Assembly of God Church ... Rev. Albert A. Howell, retired Assembly of God pastor, turned over the first shovelful of dirt at the ground breaking ceremonies for the new Assembly of God Church in Malta, where, in 1943, Rev. Howell started the church. Standing next to Rev. Howell is Mayor B. J. Goodheart who turned the second shovelful and Rev. Grady Chaney, present pastor of the church. Standing directly behind these three are, from the left, Sig Salveson, Carl Green and Lewis Skinner, board members, and John Richardson, Tom Anderson, and Gary Young, building committee members. 1968.

100 years ago

July 4, 1918

Fred W. Hall had received an honor flag for Phillips County for the third successful Liberty Loan driver's competition.

***

A letter had been received from Bob Merrill (now National Commander Robert T. Merrill of the Veterans of Foreign Wars) in which he stated that his company had been moved to Camp Greene, N.C. Bob was in the department of military aeronautics.

***

Miss Leota Caves and Henry Anderson were married. Anderson was employed in the Arcade Bakery and the bride had been employed in the Malta Commercial Club office.

***

Malta's famous Red Cross calf had...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 08/17/2018 11:17