Phillips County News - One Nation, Under God

By Lori Taylor
P.C. Museum Curator 

Phillips County Museum News for October 3, 2018

 

October 3, 2018



Forks Community Hall. 1909 found the U.S. government surveying the north part of Phillips County for homestead plots.

N.J. Brandt, the commissioner of the General Land Office, became interested in the area and settled in the Forks community. Brandt soon became a retailer and had a general store that carried a wide variety of goods. In addition to selling, he also bought eggs, cream, and butter from the local residents. Soon the community found a growing need for a meeting place and the Whitewater Community Hall came into existence.

Funding for the hall came from the sale of stock and...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018