Phillips County News - One Nation, Under God

Phillips County Museum News for October 17 , 2018

 

October 17, 2018



This week we are traveling to south Phillips County to the town of Leedy. Schyler Leedy had a trading post along the Missouri River. In 1903 Mr. Leedy was appointed postmaster and from that time on the official postmark would read “Leedy”. Schyler received goods by boat from Fort Benton and did a good trade with everyone in the area. Now Leedy was on the north side of the river but he did have customers on the south side of the Missouri also. To help business a small boat was kept bringing customers across the water, so they could shop. And how does one summon a boat from the oppo...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.




 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018

Rendered 11/13/2018 23:43