From the Archives for December 30, 2020
December 30, 2020
100 years ago
Crit and Maude Claypool, children of the B.F. Claypool Family were dead and Mrs. Claypool and two other children were in serious condition at the local hospital as the result of poisoning from coal gas fumes which had been escaping from the stove for hours.
The end of the colorful career of “Long George” Francis came on Christmas Eve when his car went over the bank of the Milk River north of Havre. Francis’ leg was broken in the crash. He had attempted to make a splint for it and had crawled three miles on the river ice. Realizing that he would freeze t...