One Nation, Under God

Permit required to salvage vehicle-killed deer, elk, moose and antelope

Anyone wanting to salvage a road-killed deer, elk, moose or antelope must obtain a Vehicle-Killed Wildlife Salvage Permit. These are available at no cost and must be obtained within 24 hours of the time a person takes an animal into their possession. Permits are available either through law enforcement officers on the scene of collisions or online on the FWP website.

As a reminder, any salvaged animal must be removed in its entirety from the roadway by the permittee. The animal may be field dressed before it leaves the area but entrails or any other parts of the animal carcass must be removed...


Reader Comments(0)

Rendered 07/15/2024 04:57