Stordahl Shares History of the Stubblefield Ranch
August 2, 2023
Once upon a time in the early years of the twentieth century, a family of sons decided to look for better work and took off from Michigan traveling west. They stopped traveling and claimed sections of land north of Malta. The father, James Stubblefield, claimed the first half section and received the patent on it in 1916. Then, gradually, each son proved up on a half section close by their father's land.
Archie Stubblefield proved up on the half section to the east. As time went on, James' land went to his wife, Jerusha, in 1920. In 1925, Everett bought her out. Archie's land was in Pearl S...