One Nation, Under God

Senior Listening: Medicare Enrollment

If you get Social Security Benefits at least 4 months before turning 65, you are automatically enrolled in Part A and B when you turn 65. You will get a Welcome to Medicare packet in the mail which will include your Medicare card. You can decline Part B if you have other creditable health insurance coverage, just check the box on the back of your Medicare card and mail it back. You will then receive a new card with only Part A indicated. NOTE: you will need to remember to enroll in Part B and Part D (pharmacy) prior to losing your creditable coverage so you do not experience a gap in coverage...


Reader Comments(0)

Rendered 05/28/2024 06:23